Veteran. Scholar. Advocate.
- I am running to be your next State Senator for District 35 because we have some incredible opportunities to enrich the lives of our residents and visitors.
- I bring bold, progressive leadership and invite you to join me on this journey for our greatest untapped potential to benefit you – its residents.
- Our assets include proximity to the metro areas’ two airports, huge plots of undeveloped land, growing cities and the Chattahoochee River.
The Path To A Sustainable & Strategic Georgia
District 35 needs a determined, well-rounded public-servant who is focused on improving our quality of life and preserving our future, not just the status quo. As we move forth to create a legal framework for economic development, we must take into consideration the future of a sustainable and economically strategic Georgia positioned for continued growth and prosperity.
My platform is:
Climate Change. As your State Senator, I will advocate for state-level climate change legislation, expanded access to solar panels, encouraging use of alternative sources of energy such as solar, wind, and geothermal, and strengthen environmental protections and expanding the infrastructure to support electronic vehicles.
Effective Education. I will fight for effective education for our next generation. A curriculum that includes critical thinking, problem solving, financial literacy, social media, and climate change. Education should reflect and address the challenges of tomorrow while serving today’s needs. Education that creates creative solutions and employers as opposed to employees. I will also advocate for free school lunch for all of Georgia’s public school children.
Your Donation Counts!
Dr. Kelly Johnson – The Progressive Choice!
I will be honest, I am fighting a machine, a well-oiled one! I will need resources and a grassroots effort to win! I am all about creative and innovative solutions! I am inviting you to bring your ideas and networks to support my candidacy.
I am sure you are asking, why me and why now? Well to start, I am not your usual ‘politician.’ I am a straight-talking, innovative, concerned citizen who is passionate about our planet, my community, and a progressive advocate who is ready to serve!
Here are a few more reasons:
- Proudly Served Our Country. I am a Navy Vet trained in Nuclear Energy (takes nerves and a brain of steel!) It also taught me discipline, commitment, determination to set goals and see them through, & an appreciation of teamwork & strategic partnerships. I want to bring that same level of commitment, cooperation & strategic partnering to the Senate.
- Earned PhD in Public Policy (Highest education for public office). Education is very important to me and it has given me a good foundation in understanding the intersection of policy, finance, and business. The PhD training allows me to understand the unintended consequences of policies that we set forth. I want to bring what I have learned from theory and practice to the Senate.
- Proudly Serving the Community:
- Fulton County Zoning Board. I have served our community for years on the Fulton County Zoning Board (fully understand how what we build impacts our quality of life and home values). I have always made sure we develop intelligently and strategically positioned for the future.
- City of South Fulton Advocate & Coalition Treasurer. Served as one of the leaders in the creation of the new city of South Fulton as the Treasurer to the Coalition of South Fulton Now. Served in the trenches for equity, fairness, and representation. I still believe city hood was the best option for South Fulton.
- Advocate for the Marginalized. Board member for Georgia Equality to know how to advocate for those who have been marginalized by society. Actively advocated against discrimination bills in Georgia & fought to ensure every vote counts.
- Education Advocate. Academic and School Performance Chair for The Main Street Academy. Fighting for the best opportunity for our kids. This also allows me to understand how our education system can be strengthened through flexibility, innovation, technology, and implementing critical thinking and problem solving.
I have been and will remain an advocate for our community on crucial issues impacting our district and state from effective education to climate change. I want to bring what I have learned from my community to the Senate!
I ask that you join me in this movement with your vote & support.
Together, we can activate our community & find the right solutions for us and create proud future generations!
Let’s Stay Connected
- I’m looking forward to seeing and talking with you electronically as we survive COVID-19. If you have an online event you would like me to attend, please email or call with an invitation.
- I ask you to join me to secure for our future. We will do great things together that will benefit our district for many years to come and pass along a viable and sustainable legacy to the next generation.